Thursday, September 20, 2012

Enrile to reveal more about Trillanes


From: abs-cbnnews.com

Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile says he has a lot more to reveal about Sen.  Antonio Trillanes.

“I’m going to bring this to the people and tell the people about this man, who he is, what kind of senator he is, what kind of a military officer he is, the hazard he is creating for this country,” Enrile told  Senate reporters.

Asked where his tiff with Trillanes would lead to, Enrile said: “I don’t know, perhaps until elections…Just listen when I speak before the campaign platform in the country.”

Enrile said he was ready with notes written by former Ambassador to China Sonia Brady on the alleged interference of Trillanes on the country’s maritime dispute with China.

Enrile insisted Trillanes, in his discussions with the Chinese officials, surrendered the country’s sovereignty. He said Trillanes was the one committing treason, contrary to the senator’s claim that it was Foreign Affairs Sec. Albert del Rosario.

“I was going to confront him with that note. Marami ‘yun. Isang envelope ‘yung dokumento na ‘yon. This guy is dangerous for the country,” he said.

Trillanes opted to walk out of the session hall on Wednesday afternoon after Enrile butted in during his speech. He said he could not grasp that Enrile would be disclosing state secrets on national television.

“Anong state secret doon? It was not even classified. He does not know what he is talking about. You know, this guy is teaching me about national security. I’ve been 17 years in charge of national security and foreign relations of this country. I’ve dealt with presidents of other countries, not a man like him,” Enrile said.

Asked if he is still open to a reconciliation with Trillanes, he said: “I have no time for a man like him. I’m not a hypocrite. You take me on, I’ll take you on. If you win, I’ll submit to you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment