Sunday, May 12, 2013

12-0 PNOY WIN CAN TRIGGER MARTIAL LAW!


To those who have forgotten, and to those who will vote for the first time today:  A 12-0 win by Pnoy’s senatorial bets can TRIGGER MARTIAL LAW or a dictatorship in the next three years.

Why? Just like in the House of Representatives, PNoy will have the majority of the Senate under his wings. In case you don’t know, the concurrence of the majority of both the Senate and the House is needed (under the law) to impose martial law.

Believe me guys, any senator or congressman would find it VERY, VERY DIFFICULT to turn down a request for support from the incumbent President. Especially if the Chief Executive is enjoying supposedly high popularity ratings.

I just won’t go into details but trust me, people, I’ve seen what I’m saying.

When that happens, not even the Supreme Court can stop it. Anybody correct me if I’m wrong.

I’m not being a prophet of doom. I’m just being realistic.

I’ve seen how power can corrupt government officials. We all have heard or read of various gimmicks in the past to possibly extend the six-year, single term of the President of the country, like constitutional amendments or ‘people’s initiative.’

I’m not saying that Pnoy will declare martial law, or will resort to other means to prolong his stay in Malacanang.

But whether Malacanang officials admit it or not, PNoy is just another politician who would love to stay in power for as long as he possibly can. He definitely is NO SAINT.

I won’t speculate, for now, on how will PNoy do it, JUST IN CASE.

But don’t dismiss the possibility of martial law before PNoy ends his term as pure exaggeration or call it whatever you like, on my part.

Remember, boys and girls, NOBODY expected former President Ferdinand Marcos to declare martial law, but he did. I remember PNoy’s dad, former Sen. Ninoy, as having exposed something to this effect in a speech.

But Ninoy was among the very first to be arrested when martial law was declared, since he didn’t expect it so soon.

We’ve all heard of the saying history repeats itself, haven’t we? 30


No comments:

Post a Comment